Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 18 - sickness narrowly escaped

Remember a few days ago when I told you about a cold that I was getting?

I didn't get it! I defied the laws, I conquered the sickness! It's amazing! It's a miracle!

This isn't the first time I've narrowly avoided the hallows of a cold or a sickness. What's my secret, you ask? How did I do it?

I'll tell you! I noticed that I was starting to get sick while I was at work on Wednesday, so I immediately took a generous amount of vitamin C gummies (yummy! They taste like candy!), and stopped at the health food store on my way home for some preventative care natural medicine. I've used something called Umcka before, which was a little tube of yummy homeopathic medicine berry powder that you're supposed to take to shorten a cold or prevent one. I loved this powder - it not only tastes delicious (might have something to do with the sugar in it), but I found that it worked quite well. So I looked for this product again, but could only find it in the liquid form, which I'll admit I was very hesitant about. When I was a little girl, I hated, hated, hated liquid medicine. Except this one bubble gum pink kind - I can't remember what it was for, but I liked the color and it tasted like a lollipop. I liked it so much that I would try to sneak into the kitchen and take a taste even when I didn't need it.

So back to my point. After some heeing and hawing, I decided to go with the liquid medication (but not the sugar free kind, I wanted the good stuff!), went home immediately, drank some (mmmm! good! cherry! tasty! fruity!), and stayed in bed for the next hour. I was sure to get lots of sleep that night and by the next morning, I was feeling great. I continued to take the candy-syrup and I think that I'm out of the woods.

Hooray!

3 comments: