Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 15 - the cold is coming

Some people say that Hawaii doesn't really have seasons. I briefly lived in Melbourne, Australia, which was known for having '4 seasons in one day', and many say that Hawaii is the polar opposite - it's warm and sunny all the time.

Au contraire, I say. Hawaii certainly has seasons, they're just not quite as well defined as, say, Michigan. But there's a definite change from July to November - the weather gets about 10 degrees cooler (particularly at night, which is a welcome change) and it starts raining much more frequently - usually every day - and sometimes all day.

And this is usually the time of year that I get a cold! I started to feel the sniffles come on today and groaned, wondering how I could nip it in the bud before it 'blossoms' into a full blown sickness.

So right now, I'm not working out (rest day, I say!), and am taking a little rest in bed typing on my laptop, drinking lots of water and eating vitamin c gummies like they're candy. Yummy! Fruity! Gummy! Mmmm!

On a bright note, I have now lost a total of 3 and a half pounds and I actually do see a slight difference in my face. It makes me feel happy! Shall we celebrate with a burger?

Just kidding... here's to losing weight and hopefully getting rid of the sniffles soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, sorry you are sick too. Try this- hot water in a cup, boiling, 1 teaspoon each of fresh sqweezed lemon and honey.
    Next boil water, put in bowl, add 3 or 4 drops of eucalyptus oil stir, now use a towel to make a tent over your head and bend over taking deep breathes. Do not get too close dont want to burn your face. Hope you feel better. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip, Mom - I'll try it next time!

    ReplyDelete